Welcome to this week’s events calendar, where we’re happy to tell you about dozens of happenings taking place throughout the Coachella Valley in the next seven days . Need additional details? Just click any of the links.
Monday, April 24
- There’s a Community Emergency Response Training Refresher Course at Roy Wilson Training Center in Thousand Palms at 8 a.m.
- Take a Spanish class at Indio Senior Center starting at 1 p.m.
- Enjoy the sounds of Leanna and Miguel on congas at V Wine Lounge in Palm Springs at 5 p.m.
- Check out the 88 Fingers’ Shows at Vicky’s of Santa Fe in Indian Wells starting at 5:30 p.m.
- The Desert Sands Unified School District’s Advisory Committee Meeting starts at 6 p.m.
THIS WEEK’S HIGHLIGHT
Indian Wells State of the City
Tuesday | 9 a.m. | Renaissance Esmerelda
The City of Indian Wells will present a review of its economic activity and preview future development significant to the business community. Mayor Donna Griffith will be the featured speaker.
Tuesday, April 25
- The Palm Desert Architectural Review Commission meets at 12:30 p.m.
- Take part in the Community Emergency Response Training 3-Day Basic Course in Thousand Palms starting at 8 a.m.
- The Palm Desert Cultural Resources Preservation Committee meets at 9 a.m.
- The Golf Resort Advisory Committee Meeting of the Indian Wells Golf Resort meets at 2 p.m.
- A La Quinta Planning Commission Meeting is held at City Hall starting at 5 p.m.
- Catch Journey on its Freedom Tour 2023, with special guest TOTO at Acrisure Arena starting at 7:30 p.m.
Wednesday, April 26
- There’s a Budding Bookworms Storytime for children at the Desert Hot Springs Library starting at 3 p.m.
- The Palm Springs Sustainability Commission holds its April Meeting via Zoom tonight at 5:30 p.m.
- Check out the Songfest featuring middle and high school choirs at the Richards Center at Palm Springs High School this evening.
- The Cathedral City Council meets at City Hall starting at with a 5 p.m. study session, followed by a regular meeting at 6:30 p.m.
- Take part in Trivia Night at La Quinta Brewing Company starting at 6:30 p.m.
- Get down at the Desert Blues Revival at Agua Caliente Casino Palm Springs starting at 7 p.m.
Thursday, April 27
- The Indian Wells Certified Farmers Market takes place at Southwest Church from 8 a.m. until 2 p.m.
- There’s a study Session of the Palm Desert City Council where districting and police services will be discussed, starting at 1:30 p.m.
- The Indian Wells Planning Commission meets at City Hall starting at 1:30 p.m.
- The Palm Desert City Council meets in closed session at 3 p.m. and regular session at 4 p.m.
- There’s live music at Jolene’s Bar & Lounge starting at 5 p.m.
- Check out Palm Springs VillageFest from 6 p.m. until 10 p.m. downtown.
Friday, April 28
- The Rancho Mirage Certified Farmers Market takes place at the city’s Amphitheater from 8 a.m. until 2 p.m.
- Catch Taikoproject, a dynamic contemporary blend of taiko, music, storytelling, and choreograph at McCallum Theatre starting at 10 a.m.
- Tommy Tune talks with Luci Arnaz at Purple Room Supper Club in Palm Springs, starting at at 6 p.m. This also takes place on Saturday and Sunday.
La Quinta City Picnic & Birthday
Saturday | 9 a.m. until 12 p.m. | Civic Center Campus
Celebrate the city’s 41st birthday with family, friends, and neighbors while enjoying a high energy event.
Saturday, April 29
- Head out to the Palm Springs Certified Farmers’ Market between 8 a.m. and 1 p.m. at the Cultural Center.
- There’s a free shred event for Indian Wells residents taking place in the Burrtec Parking Lot in Palm Desert from 7 a.m. until 11 a.m. You must have proof of residency to take part.
- There’s another shredding and E-waste event planned for residents of Palm Springs from 8 a.m. until 12 p.m. at City Hall.
- Catch “For My Country,” a film about the controversies that surround a young Algerian officer’s death, at Camelot Theatre in Palm Springs starting at 9:45 a.m.
- The two-day Preservation Matters Symposium kicks off today at 1 p.m. and continues through Sunday at Palm Springs Convention Center
- There’s live entertainment at Casuelas Cafe in Palm Desert, starting at 7 p.m.
Sunday, April 30
- Gear up for a Sunday full of farmers’ markets, in La Quinta and Palm Desert from 8 a.m. until 1 p.m., and in Indio from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m.
- The CV Symphony presents Disney in Concert Around the World at Rancho Mirage Amphitheater from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m.
- Check out the Spring Birches Needle Art at Desert Art Center in Palm Springs at 10 a.m.
- Check out a Coachella Valley Filipino Festival Preview Event at Palm Springs Cultural Center starting at 5 p.m.
SAVE THE DATE
An Evening with Gennine Francis
Join us for an intimate evening with Gennine, complete with lite appetizers and hosted cocktails, all benefiting the Palm Springs Animal Shelter. Tickets are $95 and can be purchased at psanimalshelter.org/gennine